Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bow Pillow, Burp Rags and Beanies - Its a B day!!!

Well I feel like I've FINALLY accomplished something.  I stayed up until 2 a.m. - yep another late one, but I made a beautiful bow pillow in one night.  It came out so cute, I love it.  What do you think?










Of course, after the fact, I would change a few little things, but overall I am very happy with this one.  I combined a couple of different blog instructions and this worked the best and quickest for me.  Its very elegant. It was for someone else, I HAVE to start making cute stuff for me.   

I also made a couple of quicky burp rags for a friend that is due in a few months.  Thinking ahead, that's new for me :)  I loved the little birds on the flannel and then did a soft yellow on the back.
I don't know about you, but I seem to have trouble corresponding colors because I get so excited with so many choices of fabric, but I'm determined to at least carry one theme for these baby sewing gifts and I think birds will be it this time.  I love all things bird.  We had a redbird on a feeder this weekend and I was so excited.  The Chief likes to point out that the pretty one is the male, blah blah blah...  I love em all anyway, hee hee.

I have two baby blankets to make and I'm determined to sew one by this weekend.  I'm thinking of putting post it notes with project goals in front of my machine to help motivate me.  

I have a friend, a dear, dear friend who is sick and doing Chemo - they gave her these turbans to wear which are fine, but I think we can do better.  I found a site - Crafty Gemini, again - I love her - and she made fleece beanies.    I want to try a couple and then maybe I can adapt them to a different fabric - at least then my friend would have choices.  It's all cut out, just waiting for me to take the leap and attempt to sew it.  I will post pics when I figure it all out.

That's about it for me.  Guess I should go have a couple cups of coffee, so I can make it through the work day.  

Have a blessed week.  And go sew!!!!


  

                         


No comments:

Post a Comment